Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today my son left again for Iraq. He should be there for another 6 months or so. I was to be at his place to watch his two kids while his wife goes with him to the airport. I think they said they needed to leave at 5:30 AM to catch his flight out. So my husband and I kept waking up all night to look at the clock so we wouldn't be late. Almost every hour on the hour. Why do we not just set the alarm clock? I don't know. Even though we both have an alarm clock on each side of our bed, we just don't set them. Well I know I don't bother cause I'd screw it up. I tried once and the alarm kept going off every hour and a half. Or I'd get AM and PM messed up. My internal clock woke me up again at 4:00 AM. I got up and dressed and went to the "Major's" house. Since he was back in uniform, he informed us that we had to call him Major. Even if it was"Does the Major want a piece of gum?"

Anyway had a good day with the kids, I wasn't scared at all. Usually babies scare me, I don't handle crying well at all. But for some reason this little one month old is just easy to be around. And his older brother has been good to be around for quite a while. That two year old is a riot. He is silly and cute. And surprisingly good. And he kisses. Which is very sweet. After Christie got home I went to work out at the gym. Had a Doctor appointment to check my weight for the month and didn't think I lost any at all. three damn pounds. I have to end this, really work all month long instead of just the last week. Another appointment in March, and the doc said I have to lose 30 more lbs. I'll look like crap, but what the hell. I haven't weighed that since I was in my early 20's. And although I will fit in a size 6 or 8, I'm happy in size 12. Really what is wrong with that?