Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's the date? How much more March?

Weekend is almost over, another one shot. Friday Mark and I went to St Louis to Aaron's place. Mark is working on his shower. We took little Ian with us to play with Abbey and they played together really well. It wasn't pretty out but they played in the backyard, swinging, running, and just playing. A two year old and a three year old, and they were so great together. But we made the mistake of commenting on that, and immediately Ian ran by me with a book in his hands, and Abby followed crying.

Ian wasn't giving up that book cause it had Elmo on it, but Abby wanted it back. Aaron solved the crisis by reading the book to both of them. He is very patient and very good with the kids. Ian will go to him without a problem. We didn't get home till eleven, so Ian stayed over. Christie called in the morning for his return, Mom wasn't use to being without all her babies. So home he went around 10, I think. Audrey and Graham came over at 1:30 or so. We had a great day with them, and Ian came back over around 5, I think. audrey and I were shopping so I'm not sure. The kids played outside till dark.

I wish they would remember these times, cause they are not coming again. I don't think Christie and Brian and family will be living here in Cape again anytime soon. I really do treasure these days.

Last we heard Brian may be stationed in Garden City, New York. That is nothing like Garden City NJ. by the way.

Last week my office worker and I were visited by my boss whom informed us we need to email him if we wish to be considered for pc lead which would be a supervisor position. It seems HR requires both of us to be considered, but not Tom that has worked in the department for 18 years or so. But this other guy who has been here two years, sleeps at his desk, disappears for hours and says he was at one call, who pulls pc's without consideration of the po's, or who it really belongs to, works on his homework for at least two days straight, and does work for the navy during hospital time, and is really a lazy SOB. He will only go on certain calls, if he thinks the people are important enough for him, and I use to think, well at least he does the calls he does go on fairly well. Oh think again, I've been hearing complaints he screws up things when he goes on calls, doesn't finish the calls, and does the installs incorrectly. Holy Crap, this guy is working on his freakin doctorate and cannot install a pc without forgetting to put everything on that needs to be included.

I really think he is one of those guys that keeps going to school, as an excuse not to be doing anything. So my boss calls him in for a interview, for a job that will pay him probably more money than I'm making, and in a better supervisory position. Unfreakinbelieveable!

This asshole comes back into the office and tells me "well congratulations, you get the lead job" Cause I'm getting the job of supervisor to the physician something or other. So I get it by default, not because I've been actually doing the job for 20 years, set up this office and keep all the records? I am so glad I won't be in the same office as this guy anymore, but what the hell. I know I shouldn't care as long as he is gone. But I really hope he stays true to himself and is as horrible doing his new, important job, as he is doing this one. And hey boss, you are really a great judge of character, really. You couldn't do worse.